Welcome to my top vegan meal delivery services review article where I reveal my top choices, as a former vegan restaurant owner (GLAM Vegan). Whether you are vegan, you are just eating more healthily, or looking for the best plant-based meal subscription box, here we go!
- Quick Summary of the 12 Top Vegan Meal Delivery Services
- Review Section With Pros and Cons of Plant-Based Meal Subscription Box
- Final Thoughts: Which Vegan Meal Delivery Service Is The Best?
Every day it seems like there are more people jumping on the vegetarian or vegan bandwagon. As a former vegan restaurant owner (GLAM Vegan), I can personally attest to this statement and how difficult it is for us to maintain this healthy lifestyle.
This is especially true in a fast-paced lifestyle that doesn't always allow us the dedicated time to the plant-based diet we want. You're either too busy to get schooled up on how to cook vegetarian food or go shopping for the best vegan ingredients.
Luckily, there are a bunch of plant-based and vegan meal delivery services that can help you maintain your healthy diet. If you're like us and you're a GLAM Vegan, don't worry because most meal delivery companies have a menu designated to cater specifically to your dietary needs. And, if you're diet is low on essential nutrients, try my top choices of multivitamins for vegans that I personally vetted myself.
Let’s review some of the best vegan meal delivery services that you should strongly consider.
Quick Summary of the 12 Top Vegan Meal Delivery Services
Before we dive into each specific brand and service, I'm going to rank and provide a rating on my top 12 list via our highly popular GLAM-Vegan table.
|GLAM Vegan's Picks||Best For||Price Per Meal||Best Price|
|Fitness and Athletes||$9||glamvegan40 (40% off 1st order)|
|Cooking kit||$8.99||$30 Off|
|NY and California Delivery||$11.50||Best Deal|
|Couples and Families||$11.49||Check|
|Specialized meal plans||$8.49||Go|
|Being the chef||$11.99||Here|
|Ditching Grocery Store||$9.99||Check|
|Great customer service||$9.43||Go|
Review Section With Pros and Cons of Plant-Based Meal Subscription Box
Here's the review section of our top 12 list. You'll get a closer look into each brand and which foods they offer to ultimately get matched up with the perfect one! Let's begin by looking at GLAM Vegan's #1 choice:
#1: Splendid Spoon (Best for Convenience)
Hot Deal: CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Splendid Spoon is and continues to be, a superior option for vegans looking to save time and ditch the kitchen. We've already noted that Splendid Spoon's convenience factor dominates the rest of the plant-based meal delivery options on this top 12 list. However, their meals are as healthy (if not, healthier) as any other service we reviewed.
In essence, Splendid Spoon makes eating healthy, plant-based food a breeze. You can choose which meal plan suits you best based on which ingredients you need for your vegan diet options. What you're getting with Splendid Spoon, is vegan meal delivery focused on ready-to-eat and nutrient-packed plant-based smoothies, grain bowls, soups, and noodles. As a major bonus, they deliver nationwide, which can't be said about all meal delivery services out there.
- #1 for convenience – Open the smoothie and drink, or heat up the meal in the microwave. Seriously, can it get any better than that?
- They have the best vegan smoothies for breakfast
- Delivery service is outstanding
- Choose your own vegan meal
- Excellent for weight loss
- Not a ton of meal options (but they specialize in what they offer)
- You can get all the ingredients and make food cheaper by going to the grocery store
#2: Trifecta Nutrition (Best for Athletes)
If we could make this a tie with Splendid Spoon, we would because we are absolutely in LOVE (GLAM-style) with Trifecta Vegan Meals.
Trifecta Nutrition is the best vegan meal subscription service for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. That's not all it's best for as Trifecta is tied for 1st in the “best for convenience” category with Splendid Spoon as Trifecta offers read-made, macro-balanced meals that get shipped right to your door – all hassle-free.
We made a super in-depth comparison with Trifecta vs Factor_, and all three of those brands are on the rise and easily could be listed in this top 12 list.
Get 40% OFF your first order with code glamvegan40.
We thought this video is HIGHLY relevant to what a lot of our readers are looking for here at GLAM-Vegan. It's a success story of how this man started eating healthier foods and working out, and Trifecta propelled him toward his goals. You can read more testimonials on Trifecta's customer review page here.
- Weekly subscription so you don't have to keep ordering every week.
- Free Shipping
- Money back guarantee (not a ton of brands do this, so it's a pro)
- Flexibility when getting meals delivered. For example, you can skip weeks if you wish
- Easy cancellation (cancel anytime)
- Customized Meal plans
- Complete the wellness program, if you want more than just vegan meals delivered
- Green packaging/recycling / Eco-friendly
- Maybe a little too hard-core for some people
#3: Purple Carrot (Top Choice for Meal Kits)
Purple Carrot is the best choice for a plant-based meal subscription box. You'll get all the ingredients and cook them yourself, so you know exactly what's going into your food. Plus, they're delivered right to your door! It doesn't get much easier than that. It definitely beats going to the grocery store.
All of their meals are plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and 100% vegan. So no matter what your dietary restrictions are, Purple Carrot has something for everyone! And if it's not enough that they're tasty – they also happen to be good for your body too.
You can't go wrong with these delicious recipes that are easy enough to make in just 30 minutes (max time 45 minutes). Purple Carrot is perfect if you want a quick and healthy meal kit but don't have time to spend hours cooking. Plus, they taste amazing!
- Outstanding vegan recipes
- A true vegan meal kit
- Professional Chef recipes
- Vegetarian options
- On-time meal delivery service
- 100% Gluten free ingredients
- Great for cooking a couple of meals per week
- Not a ton of weight loss plans
- There are better options if you don't want to prepare, cook and clean the meals
#4: Thistle (Best for NY and California)
If you are in Southern and Northern California and the Greater NYC area, Thistle Meal delivery is the best choice for you! The ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. The menu changes weekly and they are culinary interesting and delicious. Beautiful enough to be Instagram-worthy. If they delivered nationwide this might be worthy to be in the top 2 meal deliveries but their delivery locations are limited right now.
All their meals are major allergen free or can be customized to your diet. 100% vegan and plant-based but if your family member isn't vegan they can add their protein of choice. Do you want to know more? You can read the in-depth review of Thistle meal delivery.
- The food is SO fresh compared to many other meal delivery services.
- Zero prep time on your part!
- Deliveries are predictable.
- You can scale up or down based on your weekly schedule.
- New meal items are added every week.
- The brand is really focused on catering to people who can't eat mainstream “grab-and-go” options due to having special dietary needs.
- Meals are full of locally sourced ingredients.
- People who are avoiding gluten, dairy, and eggs don't have to think twice before each bite.
- While Thistle Food is a sweet arrangement if you're within the local delivery range, you don't get access to the full scope of what's available if you're only in the shipping range.
- Thistle is only available to some states in the West and the East coast
Sunbasket is the fifth best on our list of the best plant-based meal delivery services. They offer fresh, organic produce and are committed to sustainability. With their pre-portioned ingredients, you can cook up a delicious vegan dish in no time!
Ordering from Sunbasket will make your life easier because they deliver all the ingredients you need right to your doorstep so you don't have to worry about grocery shopping or cooking! Plus, with their affordable prices and free shipping deals (for orders over $75), it's easy on your wallet too.
You can order any of their 5 meals per week or customize your own with over 100 recipes to choose from. The convenience of having a delicious home-cooked dinner delivered right to your door every night will make cooking at home seem like too much work. Plus, it’s cheaper than eating out.
- Farm-fresh ingredients
- Cook with easy-to-follow directions
- Heat up pre-made meals in as little as 3 minutes
- Easy and convenient
- Plan meals easily
- Vegetarian options
- Chef's Choice
- Great for the Paleo lifestyle
- Doesn't ship everywhere (Arkansas, Hawaii, Montana, and select areas in New Mexico can NOT get Sunbasket shipped to them)
- More expensive option over competitors (Sunbasket uses all organic and fresh ingredients, therefore they will naturally cost more)
- Deliveries are for 2 people and up so if you are single you have extra to share or will get 2 servings of everything.
Sprinly is another excellent choice for organic, plant-based meal delivery services. They offer a wide variety of meals that are all 100% vegan and gluten-free, with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. You can order one meal at a time or subscribe to their weekly plan which includes 3 meals per week.
If you're looking for an easy way to eat healthy without having to cook every night, this might be the perfect option for you! Their recipes are simple and delicious – they even have some kid-friendly options too! And if you don't like what's on the menu that day, they'll make substitutions so your family will still enjoy it. Plus, there's no commitment required – just cancel anytime.
Sprinly's delivery service has outstanding customer reviews. Busy, working professionals are loving the convenience of ready-to-eat meals offered by world-class chefs. This company has an excellent track record of providing vegan meals that are healthy and delicious. If you're a vegetarian, they have you covered there too. However, take a look at the Nutrisystem Vegetarian Plan review that we wrote, if you want vegetarian and weight loss.
- One of the best ready-to-eat vegan meal delivery services
- Vegetarian options
- Variety of meal plans to choose from
- Weight loss options
- High-quality ingredients
- May not be the best choice for those looking to cook via vegan meal kits
#7: Fresh N' Lean
Fresh N' Lean is a healthy meal delivery service that offers fresh, organic, and gluten-free ingredients delivered right to your door. They offer a wide variety of meals for all types of diets including vegan, vegetarian, paleo, and more! If you are a Beyond Meat fan, that's a protein option for vegan meals.
Honestly, after buying from Fresh N' Lean, I can say that you'll never have to worry about what's in your food again because they use only the freshest ingredients available. Plus with their low-calorie options and portion-control meals, you can lose weight without feeling like you haven't eaten enough food.
Fresh N' Lean has so many options, it's unreal. For example, they have 2 different vegan meal plans:
- Standard Vegan
- Low Carb Vegan
Their website is one of the easier ones to use and they have it set up the best for meal plans. They also have Keto, Protein +, and Paleo meal plans making them a great option for weight loss meals delivered straight to your doorstep.
- A great all-around meal delivery service
- Offers pre-made cooked meals, all you need to do is heat them up!
- They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- The meals last a long time and have a great fridge shelf life
- Not frozen meals (don't have to eat it within a day or so of receiving)
- No need to “prep” or cook anything
- Heat up meals via a microwave or stovetop oven
- Order meals via a la carte
- If you order all your meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) the box is heavy and really big which can take up a lot of fridge space
- Single-serving meals, so not a great option for a family
#8: Green Chef
Green Chef is one of the best vegan meal delivery services because they offer 100% organic, non-GMO ingredients. They also have an extensive list of gluten-free and dairy-free options that are perfect for those with food allergies or sensitivities. Plus, their recipes are easy to follow and don't require any cooking skills.
Check out Green Chef vs Purple Carrot vs Sunbasket if you narrowed your choices down to those 3.
I'll be candid, the meal plan I tried was out of this world fresh and organic. I can easily recommend Green Chef for a meal service hands down. You do have to set aside 30 minutes, but that's not that bad.
You'll love how convenient it is to order from them online or on your phone. And if you're not sure what to eat, they have a huge selection of meals that will fit any diet – whether you’re vegetarian, paleo, ketogenic, or just want something healthy! You can even choose when your next box will arrive so there's no need to worry about forgetting to pick up groceries on the way home from work. It's never been easier than this.
- All ingredients for meals are organic
- Choose a specialized meal plan (Paleo, Keto, Vegetarian, Vegan, and much more)
- Ingredients are prepared and proportioned in advance, including chopped veggies and trimmed meats
- Recipes are restaurant-quality
- Easy to cancel a subscription on Green Chef's website (this cannot be said for other meal kits)
- Cannot choose recipes from different meals
- Shipping costs $5.99 and in our GLAM opinion, it should be free like other meal kits
Hungryroot is one of the best vegan meal delivery services that replace going to the grocery store to buy all the products and ingredients. They offer so many different options. You can choose from over 100 plant-based recipes that are all made with fresh, organic ingredients and delivered to your door.
Here at GLAM, we compare tons of healthy meal delivery brands, like Hungryroot vs Splendid Spoon vs Sakara Life. It's great for those who narrowed their options to 2 or 3 of those brands.
They also have gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free options which makes it easy for everyone to enjoy their meals. And if you don’t want to cook at home but still want healthy food on the go, then check out their pre-made salads or grab some snacks from their online store!
You can have a home-cooked dinner delivered right to your door with just a few clicks on their website. All you need is 30 minutes of prep time in the kitchen (or less!) and Hungryroot will take care of everything else.
- They learn your dietary preferences when signing up – this is huge for some people
- Ready-to-cook meals
- All meals are low in calories
- Reasonable prices
- 100% of meals are fresh and organic
- Free Shipping
- Cannot purchase meals via a la carte
- Not a ton of variety in terms of customized meals
#10: Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest offers healthy, delicious, and convenient meals that are perfect for vegans. Their food is organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and GMO-free. You can even customize your order to include more of your favorite ingredients.
This is a very unique brand in this industry that is most comparable to Splendid Spoon because both Daily Harvest and Splendid Spoon are known for their vegan smoothies. As noted in our Daily Harvest vs Splendid Spoon comparison, Splendid Spoon is still the better convenient option because their smoothies come pre-made. Daily Harvest's smoothies are not pre-made and you'll need to blend them yourself. Regardless, they are extremely tasty and healthy.
Besides smoothies, you can also choose:
- Harvest Bowls
- Oat Bowls
- Chia Bowls
- and Ice Cream (WHAT!?)
If you're looking for a vegan meal delivery service that offers healthy and delicious options with variety at its core then Daily Harvest should be on your list.
- Amazing variety when choosing meals
- Short preparation time for their meals
- The meals are very healthy and portioned fairly
- Choosing meals on their website takes a lot of time
- Single-serving containers are non-recyclable, and we like to be GREEN here at GLAM!
#11: Sakara Life
Sakara Life is a vegan meal delivery service that delivers healthy, plant-based meals to your door. You can choose from 3 different plans and they offer gluten-free options as well. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to eat healthier without having to worry about cooking or grocery shopping.
The food is delicious and nutritious, but it also tastes great! They have a wide variety of dishes so you won’t get bored with the same old thing every day. And if you need help sticking with your diet plan, their coaches are there to support you every step of the way!
- The meals on the menu option are excellent
- No gluten, dairy, soy, or animal-based products in any of their meals
- Food quality is one of the best we've seen
- It's too many salads, like A LOT of salads
- Their product names are cheesy
Veestro has an amazing owner's story. Brother / sister combination Mark and Monica saw a big need for fresh, healthy meal delivery for busy working professionals who are short on time. And, they delivered that promise, which is why they are the best fresh vegan meal delivery for busy people on our list.
As a former restaurant owner (GLAM Vegan in Miami, FL), I know exactly how long it takes to prepare, cook and clean meals. It can be daunting, feel overwhelming and inconvenient at times. But, that's why Mark and Monica created Veestro, so you don't have to go through those feelings anymore.
On Veestro's website, they make it easy for you to choose A la carte or weight loss meal plans. If you navigate to either menu, you'll find that it's pretty GLAM of them to filter by dietary preferences. Filter by high-protein, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, kosher, and spring favorites. This is one of the best and super convenient vegan meal delivery services available to us all. All we can do now is take advantage of these opportunities. Check out this brand in a competitive matchup between veestro vs Purple Carrot vs Hungryroot to get some further insight. And, for more info, read our veestro review article to see if it's a good fit for you.
- Fully prepared
- Our #1 choice because of how fresh their meals are
- Outstanding customer service
- Easy for those looking to become vegan
- Use organic and plant-based ingredients
- Have a weight loss plan
- This is the superior option, so the prices are going to be higher than most (but you can take advantage of the discount going on right now)
#13: Mosaic Foods
Mosaic Foods meal delivery was created by founders Matt Davis and Sam McIntire who were flexitarian and omnivores in 2019. They understood eating plant-based diets was good for their health and planet but did not find a delicious convenient option then. They came up with Mosaic to deliver a veggie-centric, ultra-convenient, and crave-able enough for an omnivore to eat night after night meal delivery service.
Mosaic is a Public Benefit Corporation that aims to transition the US to eat 200 billion meatless meals by 2035. Mosaic partnered with the non-profit City Harvest to donate 2 lbs of nutritious food for every box sold to help with food insecurity problems.
Mosaic meal delivery also has services that have a no questions asked full refund policy.
Mosaic foods deliver plant-based vegan and vegetarian meals with fresh local produce, without the use of artificial ingredients. You can choose from 6, 12, or 18 items per box. If you choose a 12 or 18-item box, then the shipping is free and you get 10 or 20 dollars in additional savings. For the items, you can choose from veggie bowls, pizzas, smoothies, family-size meals, soups, oat bowls, and Mosaic +. (Mosaic + are special bowls and they’re curated by chefs. It’s a few dollars more than the normal bowls with a bit of a bigger serving size). They also have high reviews on Trustpilot.
- Fully prepared (shipped frozen to heat up easily)
- No chemicals or artificial ingredients
- No added sugar
- Family size options
- 100% recyclable containers
- The customer support team is 👍
- Socially conscious company
- They have pizzas! But none of their pizzas are vegan 😔
- Ingredients are locally sourced but mostly not organic
Didn't see a meal delivery service you were looking for? Other plant-based meal delivery didn't make it on the list are good choices too. We have in-depth posts on other vegan meal delivery services: LeafSide Meal Plan, Nutrisystem, Jet Fuel Meals, Vegin' Out, and Imperfect Foods.
Final Thoughts: Which Vegan Meal Delivery Service Is The Best?
A vegan meal delivery service is perfect for anyone who wants healthy, plant-based meals and doesn't have enough time to cook.
Our #1 Pick (For Convenience): Splendid Spoon
- Best price with our link!
Our #2 Pick (for Athletes): Trifecta
- 40% off with the link and code below (this is the lowest price code)
Our #3 Pick (For those who love cooking): Purple Carrot
- Excellent deals going on all the time
Are you looking to lose weight on a vegan diet? Then Sakara Life is the perfect choice for you!
For the most creative recipes and meal plans, you'll want to choose Green Chef and Fresh N' Lean. And, if you want a ton of variety, then Daily Harvest is the best choice for you.