Baked sweet potato fries have always been my favorite! They are quick and easy, great source of fiber and delicious! This recipe is baked instead of fried so you can cut out excess oil. Baked sweet potatoes are healthy and a delicious snack and side dish you can enjoy at home! And it's easy and quick to make. I always keep a few sweet potatoes at home in case I am craving a snack but I don't want to eat junk food.
Can you eat the skins of sweet potato?
Yes! You can eat the sweet potato skins and they actually have a lot of nutrients! They are high in antioxidants like beta carotene, Vitamin C and E, chlorogenic acid and anthocyanin. And the fiber content mainly comes from the sweet potato skin.
Should I boil sweet potatoes before baking?
No you do not need to boil them because it will be cooked thoroughly while you are baking it. If you want the sweet potato fries to be crispy you definitely don’t want to boil them and get them soggy.
How to make sweet potato fries crispy
Make sure you separate and spread out the sweet potato fries on your baking sheet. Use 2 sheets if you need to. You don’t want them to be overlapping or touching each other when you bake them.
Rosemary Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 2 medium sized Sweet Potato
- 4 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 Celsius)
- Cut up the sweet potatoes into rectangular shapes
- Put the cut sweet potato into a bowl and pour all the other dry ingredients (rosemary, garlic powder, salt and optional spices) and mix well
- Add the coconut oil into the bowl and mix the contents well so the spices stick to the sweet potato
- Spread the sweet potato on a tray with parchment paper and put it in the oven for 30 minutes
- Take out the tray and flip the sweet potatoes on the other side. Cook for another 10 minutes again on 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 Celsius)
We also have other great recipes for you! Have you checked out our Vegan Mochi Donut recipe containing sweet potato as a sweetener? This super quick and easy vegan chili recipe will pair well with the sweet potato fries.