I absolutely love Brussel Sprouts, they are a great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. But sometimes the ones at restaurants are drenched in oil or too burnt because they were going for crispy Brussel sprout dish. This recipe is a steam cooked Brussel sprout with hint of turmeric and walnuts (optional). It's super easy and quick so if you need an additional vegetable dish I would recommend whipping this up!
How to make brussel sprouts on stove top.♬ Sky Aesthetic – Tollan Kim
4 Ingredients Stovetop Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 lb Brussel Sprouts or 10 medium sized Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 5 pieces roasted walnuts crushed
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half
- Add Brussel sprouts, coconut oil, salt, turmeric, garlic powder and water into the sauce pan. Close the lid on the sauce pan and give it a good shake to make sure ingredients mix. And put the heat on medium to low
- Once water starts fizzling open up the pan and mix the contents. Close the lid again to steam cook the Brussel Sprouts.
- Cook the Brussels sprouts until the inside of Brussels sprouts are lightly brown
- [Optional] Once all the inside of the Brussel sprouts are lightly brown place it in your favorite dish and add crushed walnuts.
We have other great recipes for you! You can combine vegan chili and/ or baked sweet potato fries with the vegan brussel sprouts!