I absolutely love Brussel Sprouts, they are a great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. But sometimes the ones at restaurants are drenched in oil or too burnt because they were going for crispy Brussel sprout dish. This recipe is a steam cooked Brussel sprout with hint of turmeric and walnuts (optional). It's super easy and quick so if you need an additional vegetable dish I would recommend whipping this up!
How to make brussel sprouts on stove top.♬ Sky Aesthetic – Tollan Kim
4 Ingredients Stovetop Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 lb Brussel Sprouts or 10 medium sized Brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 5 pieces roasted walnuts crushed
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half
- Add Brussel sprouts, coconut oil, salt, turmeric, garlic powder and water into the sauce pan. Close the lid on the sauce pan and give it a good shake to make sure ingredients mix. And put the heat on medium to low
- Once water starts fizzling open up the pan and mix the contents. Close the lid again to steam cook the Brussel Sprouts.
- Cook the Brussels sprouts until the inside of Brussels sprouts are lightly brown
- [Optional] Once all the inside of the Brussel sprouts are lightly brown place it in your favorite dish and add crushed walnuts.