You will never go back to eating store-bought or boxed brownies after you treat yourself to this protein-rich brownie recipe with black beans! At first, when I heard of black beans in brownies I thought eww… But I realized I've visited many Asian countries that use beans in desserts and sweets. And they are finger-licking good, and don't make you feel bloated or in a coma because of the amount of sugar in them.
Well, this recipe contains no sugar And no other alternative to sugar sweeteners. I've not liked using dates as a supplement to sweeten my snacks and desserts nor have I liked using maple syrup, honey (of course), coconut sugar, agave, or monk fruit sugar. I will use stevia if it's already included in the chocolate. But I don't keep these at my house because this earth has abundant whole food-based spices and fruits you can sweeten your desserts that satisfies your sweet tooth!
I've been on this sugar-free, sugar additives-free (dates, white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, maple syrup, honey (of course), coconut sugar, agave, monk fruit sugar, etc) journey since watching a documentary called Sugar. I could have just substituted it with all the other additives or dried fruit-like dates. And at the beginning of my sugar-free journey, I did but I later felt better trying to find whole food alternatives for my desserts and sweet craving by using sweet spices and herbs (cinnamon, anise, vanilla, etc.) and fruits and vegetables (bananas, sweet potato, apples, etc.)
What do the black beans replace in brownies?
Traditional brownies have butter, egg, and flour. Because black beans are a good source of healthy fat and carbohydrates they are the perfect replacement for butter, egg, and flour. It gives the brownie a good chewy soft consistency without any animal
Are black bean brownies healthy?
So if you are thinking are bean brownies healthy? We wholeheartedly say YES!
How do you store Black Bean Brownies?
If you are going to eat it within a day, you can keep it outside. (Granted you are not having a terrible heat wave in your area where everything just rots…) If you are going to eat them a few days to a week later, freeze them. When you are ready to eat defrost them or you can add them to your favorite vegan ice cream to make a black bean brownie ice cream!
Is the Brownie Recipe with Black Bean gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is absolutely gluten-free! Beans like black beans are naturally gluten-free and this recipe calls for no added gluten source like flour.
Brownie Recipe with Black Beans Video
@glamvegan Brownie recipe wirh black bean 15% off Miiro with promo code GLAM15 https://glam-vegan.com/brownie-recipe-with-black-beans/ #blackbeanbrownies #veganfood #plantbased #fyp ♬ Love Of My Life – Metrow Ar
Protein Packed Brownie Recipe with Black Beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 banana
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp nut butter
Cooking Black Beans
- Soak Pinto Beans over night (or for 6 hours)
- After soaking the black beans overnight cook them in a sauce pan over high heat for 10 minutes. Let the black beans boil and you will see white foam forming on top of the beans.
- Strain and clean the black beans. (By cleaning the foam, you makes sure you don't get bloated or fart from eating these beans)
- Put the black beans back in the sauce pan and fill it with fresh water. Add 3 times more water than the beans. Add salt, cinnamon and turmeric. Cook over stove top for 1 hour and 10 minutes on medium to low heat. Put a lid over the sauce pan but make sure to keep it slightly open to let the moisture out.
- Take the black beans off the stove and strain them well.
Brownie Recipe with Black Beans
- Mush the banana and then add black beans, cacao powder, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, nut butter into a bowl and mix well. (Alternatively put everything here into a blender/ food processor and blend well.)
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix,
- Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes
- Let it cool until it solidifies. Eat right away or refrigerate or put it in the freezer for later 😄
How to cook no fart beans for full recipe https://glam-vegan.com/pinto-bean-vegan-recipe/♬ original sound – GLAMvegan
Delicious Vegan Sugar-Free Chocolates
Sometimes it could be hard to find vegan chocolates, that are actually any good. In the brownie recipe with black beans, we used chocolate chips from Miiro. Miiro has sugar-free peanut butter baking chips that are addicting. (We were going to cook with them but they were so addicting they were gone before we could cook with them!) You can get 15% off your first order from Miiro using promo code GLAM15 now!