Are you looking for an alternative to hummus? Look no further this affordable pinto bean dip, that's easy to make, will be a great addition to your bbq parties, dinner party appetizer or midnight healthy snack. The lemon zest and lemon juice in the recipe adds depth to the flavor. Miso and cilantro adds a uniqueness to the taste but if you don't like cilantro or don't have miso, swap them out for salt and parsley.
Do you eat bean dip hot or cold?
You can serve this pinto bean dip hot or cold. Although I prefer eating it chilled or room temperature during the summer months.
Can you lose weight by eating pinto beans?
Pinto beans are high in plant protein and fiber. Any diet high in plant protein could help you lose weight. But there has been a study that showed including pinto bean in the diet modulated gut microbiome and improved fasting blood glucose and glucose tolerance.
Like any beans pinto beans can get you bloated or gassy. Make sure to follow the instructions on how to cook pinto beans in the instructions to avoid stomach bloating.
Is bean dip and refried beans the same thing?
Refried beans are beans that are cooked and then pan fried with oil or lard (animal fats). Depending on how it's cooked it might have dip or sauce like consistency but usually the structure of the whole bean is still preserved. Depending on the recipe the refried beans may include onions, jalapeño peppers and or tomatoes.
Bean dip usually have a smooth texture and is a dipping sauce. We didn't base the pinto bean dip with refried beans but that is definitely an option. Do know that refried beans will increase the calories and fat content.
Do refried beans have lard?
Refried beans are traditionally cooked with lard. If you go to a restaurant and order refried beans or pick one off of a shelf at the grocery store it may contain lard as one of the ingredients. But there are vegan refried beans that you can get. Some of them are: Amy's refried beans or Taco Bell refried beans.
Does bean dip have lard?
If you buy a bean dip off the shelf the bean dip may include lard. Lard is created from animal fat and will not be suitable for vegans. But this bean dip recipe is completely vegan and plant-based!
How do you cook beans that doesn't give you gas
How to cook no fart beans for full recipe https://glam-vegan.com/pinto-bean-vegan-recipe/♬ original sound – GLAMvegan
Pinto Bean Vegan Recipe
Vegan Pinto Bean Dip
- Food Processor
- 2 cups dried pinto bean
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 8 tbsp Meyer lemon juice (lemon juice amount squeezed from about 2 medium sized lemon)
- 4 tsp miso
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp Meyer lemon zest (lemon zest from about 1 medium sized lemon)
Cooking Pinto Beans
- Soak Pinto Beans over night (or for 6 hours)
- After soaking the pinto beans overnight cook them in a sauce pan over high heat for 10 minutes. Let the pinto beans boil and you will see white foam forming on top of the beans.
- Strain and clean the pinto beans. (By cleaning the foam, you makes sure you don't get bloated or fart from eating these beans)
- Put the pinto beans back in the sauce pan and fill it with fresh water. Cook over stove top for 1 hour and 30 minutes on medium to low heat. Put a lid over the sauce pan but make sure to keep it slightly open to let the moisture out.
- Take the pinto beans off the stove and strain them well.
Making Vegan Pinto Bean Dip
- Add all the ingredients (cooked pinto beans, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and miso) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite fresh cut veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomato) or pita chips!
- Miso: miso pastes are made out of fermented beans. Traditionally made from soy bean and rice but if you go to gourmet grocery stores you will find miso made with other types of beans like chickpeas. If you don't have miso lying around in your home you can substitute miso for salt.
- Cilantro:If you don't like cilantro you can use parsley instead.
@glamvegan Hummus alternative pinto bean dip! Cheap and less fat then hummus https://glam-vegan.com/pinto-bean-vegan-recipe/ #veganfood #plantbasedrecipes ♬ Rockin – Chris Alan Lee
If you are looking for other great recipes check out our vegan brussel sprouts, baked sweet potato fries and the vegan chili!
Don't like to cook but love to eat healthy vegan / plant-based? Check out our blog post about current favorite plant-based meal delivery service Thistle!